As a dog owner, there are a million and one things that you need to buy when raising a pup! And finding the best dog house is far from exempt!
It’s a hard choice to consider since a pup house is the last thing on your list of essentials.
However, not having one can prove to make life difficult, and having your pup sleep in your bed is not always the most convenient way to live.
Not just that, but it’s also important for your dog to have a place they can call home too! A place where they can relax, sleep or just be out of the way.
To help make this easy, I have researched and compiled a list of the best houses for each type of dog, home, and owner that will help you make an easy and accurate decision.
What's in this Guide?
Best Houses For Dogs 2021
|Best Overall||Pets Imperial Sussex Wooden Dog House|
|Best Budget Buy||Petmate Aspen Pet Petbarn Dog House|
|Best For Large Dogs||Giantex Plastic Dog House|
|Best For Hot Weather||Trixie Natura Flat Roof Dog Kennel|
|Best Outdoors||Precision Pet Products Outback House|
Best Overall (Editors Pick): Pets Imperial Sussex Wooden Dog House
After taking in all the considerations that I could think of, this dog house is certainly my top Editors Choice. As far as cleaning, comfort, and all-around idealistic value, you can easily see why this dog house is worth your consideration.
When it comes to cleaning, gaining access to nearly every part of this house is made simple. With a roof opens up and a floor can be removed, this house is by far the best dog house that money can buy.
There are also windshield door flaps on the entry door for windy days with a raised floor to help keep out unwanted dirt and resign. The wooden design is great for cold days, whilst also great for hot days as it can provide shade from the sun to keep your dog cool.
What I liked especially about Pets Imperial Sussex house is that the surface can be painted to match the colors of your house and give this dog house its’ own special touch. It’s great for puppies that learn to find their own place to rest or play in the daytime.
Pets Imperial Key features
- Weighs a total of 66 pounds (30 Kg), so it’s not a heavy house to move from place to place
- Dimensions are 31 inches tall and 35inches wide, with another 35 inches long in-depth. Inside its 2 feet wide with a total of 27 inches of laying space
- When standing up there are over 26 inches of space to enjoy
- Has a windshield plastic door with vertical flaps. It also comes with elevated legs that have plastic cover caps
- All pieces inside can be removed for cleaning, and the roof comes with locking hinges
Budget Choice: Petmate Aspen Pet PetBarn 3
Before you decide to invest in a more expensive dog house, consider this as a great starter. It looks a bit like a carry case that you’ve seen before when pets go traveling.
But believe me, the Aspen Pet Barn 3 is perfect for a rugged long-lasting shelter that young pups will enjoy well into their adulthood. The cool part is that this model is available in four sizes, so it can be ideal for small to large dogs.
It’s an all-weather design that’s perfect for outdoor or indoor usage likewise, making cleaning for pups a breeze.
Come to think of it, it does resemble a covered cat box, but this dog house is nothing like that. It’s easy to assemble and move around since it’s made from durable molded plastic. Since it has vents built-into the back of this house, air circulates through the door opening very well.
The opening is low enough to the ground that pups will have no problem getting inside. When it’s not being used you can pop the top off and store these two pieces inside each other. It makes transporting and storage of this budget dog house easier that way.
Aspen Pet PetBarn 3 Key features
- Four sizes available for this product ranging from small dogs up to large dogs
- Smallest weighs 15 pounds and the largest is only 26 pounds
- Small house measures 26 x 18 x 16 inches and the large is 38 x 29 x 30 inches
- Two other in-between measurements for houses give you the remaining sizes for medium-sized dogs
- Assembles with simple interlocking snaps to put it together
- Can be used for indoor and outdoor use
- Cleans easily with a garden hose
Large Breeds: Giantex Plastic Dog House
This is certainly not Stalag 13 from Hogan’s Heroes, but if you have a big dog; they’ll need comfort too! This Giantex Plastic Dog House is perfect for larger sized dogs like German Shepherds and Huskies.
I was surprised that there are a total of 4 various sizes available to best fit your dog breed! It’s not as tricky to assemble as you think and is perfect for outdoor year-round use.
It also comes with a leash attachment if your dog is especially excited by the mailman or possible intruders. I also like that the windows have anti-insect screens that also act as sunshades. However, there is no front door to this house which is a let down for how good the other features are.
Made for all weather conditions, it’s a raised floor dog house with a deck that provides a sturdy comfortable platform to sleep. Built to last for your big dog, I don’t think there is a better choice out there for comfort.
Giantex Dog House Key features
- Can find a total of 4 size choices depending on how large your dog measures-up
- Wood is sealed with a rugged dark stain for year-round weather protection
- Door shades and window flap also have locking hinges that are bug-proof and allow ventilation
- Has a decorative asphalt roof that’s weather-resistant
- Stability provides a safe placement on any type of surface
Medium Size Breeds: Nobby Wooden Dog House With Pitched Roof
If there is a dog house that defines the notion of the traditional Snoopy house, this is it! Dog lovers who have medium-sized dogs will be proud to offer them such a respectful and classic place to live. It’s a log cabin rustic-looking design that has a pitched roof but looks contemporary all the same.
This Noby Wooden dog house screws together with pre-built sections, so you’ll get years of use for your pooch. What makes this house special is the little dog bone decoration that’s attached over the dog door. If you want to further decorate this rustic-looking exterior, you can paint it using any kind of household exterior paints.
It comes with raised feet that are low enough to the ground that even little medium-sized pups can get inside. Even if you don’t want to have inside your home, it makes a great addition to outdoor decks or backyards. Another thing that stands out is the rounded entry door that comes with white wooden trim.
Not only does the visual appearance stand-out, but it’s also a cozy nook for your pet dog to rest. Even if you don’t have a medium-sized dog, it’s a luxury house for any small dog too.
Nobby Wooden Pet House Key features
- There are 2 measurements meant for medium-sized dogs (30″ tall & 33″ tall)
- 27inches deep for the first, and 32inches for the second
- Width is 20 ” for the first, and 27″ for the second
- Doorway is roughly 12inches wide x 18inches tall for both models
- Comes with plastic covers for the raised legs
- Wood is sealed but can be painted with additional exterior house paint
- Comes with screws and assembles in pre-built parts
Best For Hot Weather: Trixie Natura Flat Roof Dog Kennel
I’m not always a big fan of flat roof dog houses but this made perfect sense to me. Hot air in a dog house is normally going to rise. Having a flat roof makes perfect sense since the lid can be propped open with a wooden block.
This allows air inside to better circulate and still gives your dog shade.
This Trixie Natura Flat Roof Dog Kennel is also an ideal house since the raised floor so air can flow underneath. It also allows you to remove the wooden floor for cleaning (which is a great bonus). For especially hot days it wouldn’t be a bad idea to install a solar-powered fan either.
Not only is this well built, but it’s also easy to assemble using screws to attach all the parts. There are slip-over plastic feet that can be added to the leg posts also. When you open the lid it has special hinges on both sides that are locking. Which is great when you need to clean the inside, or just checking on your dog.
Youll find that most of the rainwater will run off the top as the roof is slightly slanted and has a back flap that sticks out to stop prevent water from running down the back.
Trixie Natura Pet Kennel Key Features
- Measures 33 inches long and 22 inches wide with a total of 23 inches tall
- Best for a dog as large as a Border Collie, so this kennel is best for medium-sized dogs
- Comes with a basic red stain and can be painted over
- All parts are pre-built and screw together accordingly
- Asphalt roof is a single sheet of weather-resistant material
Best For Cold Weather: Trixie Therm’o’Dog Insulated Dog Kennel
Don’t be fooled by this cabinet of curiosity since it’s meant to keep your dog comfy, especially ideal when you live where gets cold and damp easily. This is the perfect travel kennel when you go on trips up to the mountains for that seasonal ski trip.
With special polyester foam padding, the Trixie Therm’o’Dog Insulated Dog Kennel not only looks warm but feels warm too. The outer box is made from wood that also helps shield cold from seeping in. I especially like the lift-top cover so you can check on your dog from time to time.
The hinges can lock in place when opened, but also has fabric-covered outside edges for maximum heat retention. Even the foam padding extends all the way to the outside of the entry door.
Its foam padding has a cover that can be removed, so you can machine wash the nylon covers too. Depending on your dog it’s great for small to medium-sized pets. This is a flat chest design that comes with handy built-in standing legs for outdoor or indoor use.
Trixie Therm’o’Dog Insulated Dog Kennel Key features
- Polyester foam padding that has a durable nylon slipcover
- Each thermo chest is meant for dogs that are small to spaniel-sized breeds
- Stands over 3 feet wide and is 22 inches tall & 21 wide measured on the outside
- Can be used outside and has raised legs with plastic slipcovers
- Interior foam padding keeps coldness out
- Wood is already sealed but can be painted or stained additionally
Weather Resistant: Starplast Mocha Large Dog Kennel
Rainy weather is always a hard time for dogs, especially when they live outside, so this dog house is made from special resins that resist the natural elements of rain.
Unlike wood that can soak up water after a while, the Starplast Mocha Large Dog Kennel is built for rainy weather. It’s also designed with a great exterior with modern panel siding. I like that the raised floor is perfect for dogs to get inside but keeps the water out.
This molded resin plastic is ideal for all-weather conditions and perfect for medium to large-sized dogs too. I think it’s a wonderful addition to any front lawn or backyard patio. Though I would add additional tie-down support if there were high winds.
Since this is made from lightweight plastic, adding a couple of well-placed long bungee cords will do the trick. These can be tied to screw-in camping stakes with loops on the ends. It’s also light enough that you can move it to shady areas on hot days.
The best part about this dog house is that it also cleans-up easily. Cleaning it with a conventional garden hose is all you need if your dog likes to mark their territory often.
Starplast Mocha Large Kennel Key Features
- House is 39 inches in height, whilst doorway is 14 inches wide and 2 feet tall
- 37 inches from side to side width and is 39 inches deep
- Molded plastic is easy to assemble with provided screws
- Has Pre-molded parts that are easy to put together
- Can be painted if you use epoxy paint that’s meant for repainting bathroom tubs and tiles
- Comes with a 5-year factory warranty
- Meant for medium to large dogs only
Best Outdoors: eCommerce Excellence Wooden Dog Kennel
Rainy weather is always a hard time for dogs, especially when they live outside, so this dog house is When it comes to keeping your dog outside, you want to have a shelter that is great for outdoor use. I like that this light-colored wood is the perfect house for all sizes of dogs.
There are three different models available, although the eCommerce Excellence Wooden Dog Kennel is specifically for large dogs. It can be further modified so it can include plastic door flaps or a swinging doggie door. The wood can also be painted so any color to further protect the wood against the elements.
This rooftop has nice thick asphalt shingles to keep the heat off your pet too. You might even decide to add other extras such as solar-powered cooling fans. I also like that it comes with plastic feet to keep the bottom legs from getting wet.
The inside of this dog house can be further comfortable with a blanket or a section of carpet laid down. It arrives in pre-built sections that take minutes to assemble.
If you are creative you can add a sunshade over the front entry door. Just be sure to use short wood screws since the wooden walls aren’t too thick. Since this is an all-wood construction, adding a layer of insulation inside the interior will further keep your dog warm.ECommerce Excellence Wooden Dog Kennel Key Features
- Stands 37 inches tall, and is 32 inches long, with 29 inches of width
- Doorway is 16 inches tall and 11 wide
- All pieces arrive in pre-assembled parts that screw together
- The plastic tips slip over the bottom stand legs
- The rooftop will need to be nailed into place or using screws if you pre-drill the roof attachment holes
Best Indoor: Luckyermore Plastic Pup Kennel
While technically this can be used outside, the practical uses for using this inside your home is perfect, as it includes all the comforts for your dog happy. Not to mention that the Luckyermore Plastic Kennel is super easy to clean in the bathtub.
You can be sure that your dog will remain snug with the gated door and lowered step entry.
All the parts snap together so it can be assembled fast and easy and there is a neat air vent on the side so hot days allow more circulation inside. I like that the back panel has twisting clamps to open an extra entry door. This is a great starter dog house if you have little pups too.
While you can’t paint the plastic, the walls are a pleasant white with a blue slanted rooftop. The bottom tray is colored black but might be a bit hard to spot puppy pee. Although, you may be better off adding pee pads inside this dog house if you have a puppy.
It also has a raised floor to provide additional insulation and is best suited for small to medium pets.
Luckyermore Plastic kennel Key Features
- Measures 27 inches (tall) & 27 inches front to rear (or long), width is 25.6 inches
- Comes in 5 easy to assemble parts
- Suited for indoor and outdoor use (hot and cold climates)
- Front & rear vents for additional ventilation
- Door entrance size is 10.4 inches (wide) x 17.3 inches (tall)
Pets Imperial Insulated Wooden Norfolk Dog Kennel
One main benefit of this house is the fact that’s it’s super easy to clean.
After a while, dog hair and other things are hard to clean out, so Pets Imperia decided to manufacture this house with a floor that can easily be removed. You will also find that the top opens like a chest drawer to make the job easier to handle.
I also like that Pets Imperial Insulated Dog kennel makes their dog houses sturdy, so this is nice and solid. The wood is also insulated so summer and winter weather is cozy for your dog too. With that being said, you can paint the outside of this house to give it a more colorful style.
Another nice addition is that it comes with plastic vertical flaps on the entry door. Besides being very easy to clean, it’s the perfect all-weather design that is good for indoor or outdoor use.
Pets Imperial Insulated Dog kennel Key Features
- Outside measures 34inches x 23 inches x 23 inches
- Hinges will lock when the lid is completely open. It can further be propped open with a wooden block on hot days
- Three bottom floor sections can be removed for cleaning
- Wooden sections all have styrofoam that’s sandwiched inside for further insulation
- Top lid features a single matt of asphalt to resist rainy weather
- Vertical plastic strip door keeps out heat and keeps in warmth
- Seller also has a larger size available kennel for this model
Magshion Up To 20 Lb Plastic Outdoor Dog House
Fleas and ticks are going to be the bane of your existence when outdoor dogs are around. While you can give them plenty of baths and treatments, these little pests can also find a place inside your dog house.
This is why this Magshion Plastic Outdoor House is perfect for weeding-out the problem first. You’ve got to love this modern design made from sturdy molded plastic. It’s simple to wash out with a garden hose and keep flea eggs and ticks from getting to your dog. There’s also a nice built-in side vent for hot days.
You’ll notice the floor is flush along the base but is raised-up to allow for better insulation. If you have a puppy or small to medium-sized dog, this kennel is the best choice. Here is an easy to assemble kennel that provides an instant home for your dog.
Magshion Plastic outdoor puppy house Key features
- Exterior measures 23 inches (wide) x 30 inches (length) x 26 inches (tall)
- The entry door is 10.2 inches wide and 16 inches tall
- All parts are durable injection-molded plastic & easy to assemble
- Easy to clean with soap and water
- Can be used indoor & outdoors
- Best suited to smaller breeds
Accessories For Dog Houses
Check out a few recommended accessories to help keep your dog stimulated and entertained whilst spending time in the new home.
Best Toy: Pet Qwerks Dinosaur BarkBone Chew Toy
Let’s face it, dogs like to chew on everything. Why not give them something that’s designed to be chewed and is 100% safe too? The Pet Qwerks Dino Chew Bone is made from nylon infused real bacon flavor. I like this bone since it’s very safe for any size dog.
From little pups to large dogs up to 100 Lbs. Your dog will love having this addition to their dog house that gives them an activity hour hours. And instead of chewing-up the dog house, they can focus their attention on this bone.
I’ve tried everything from chew toys to dried pig ears and nothing lasts as long as this one does. It also doesn’t rot as natural products can. Especially if they are made from an animal hide that can be dangerous if swallowed.
Pups that are teething will especially be interested since they can change their baby teeth on this pet-safe bone. If you have a dog that is an aggressive chewer, you’ll be amazed at how well this bone works.
Pet Qwerks Dino Chew Bone Key Features
- Total of 4 bone sizes
- Small dogs up to 25 Lbs have the large bone, XL bone is meant for dogs up to 40 Lbs, XXL bone is for dogs up to 80 Lbs & XXXL bone is for all dogs up to 120 Lbs
- Non-toxic Nylon infused with bacon flavor
- Dishwasher safe and non-allergenic
Best Blanket: Pawsse Waterproof Pet Blanket
Not only are these blankets soft and warm, but they’re durable as well. Especially if you have a puppy that likes to pee or older dogs that have accidents. This blanket is perfect for any dog house for preventing the floor from getting wet too.
Dogs get nervous too and often there will be times when nature calls a little too late. Aside from the beneficial sanitary reasons, the Pawsse Waterproof blanket will keep your dog warm at night.
With four different sizes available this gives you a great selection of dual-sided colors to pick. It’s a great product for indoor and outdoor use, can be machine washed with little effort, and most importantly waterproof.
Pawsse Waterproof Pet Blanket Key features
- Comes in small 50″ x 30″, medium 60″ x 50″, large 80″ x 60″, and extra-large 90″ x 80″ with 9 different patterns to select from.
- Built-in waterproof liner in between the fabric to prevent soaking through accidents
- Both machine-washed and hand washable
- Pee proof blanket is meant for mild to cold weather use for all-year-round
Best Heater: Homello Pet Electric Heating Pad W/ Anti-Bite Steel Cord
Some nights can be pretty chilly for outdoor dogs, even with the right kind of blankets. This is why a heated pad will come in handy for those very chilly nights. This large heating pad is ideal for dog houses that want to add an extra layer of warmth.
I also like that this is FCC and CE listed, and has adjustable temperature control to adapt to any climate.
These are the specs for this heating pad.
- Available in 18″ x 19″, 19″ x 28″ (medium) & 21″ x 33″ (large)
- Temperature can be set ranging from 95 and 104 degrees Fahrenheit
- Waterproof material and uses a stainless steel cord wrapped in a plastic cover
- Not to be washed as the material is waterproof and can be wiped clean
Best Fan & AC: Portable Mini Solar Power Ventilator Fan
On hot sunny days, the heat inside a dog house can get to be uncomfortable which is where a portable mini solar fan would come in very handy. Not only is this product portable, but it can also be installed in any dog house too!
Portable mini solar fan Key Features
- Powered with 10 watts of solar power that is converted into energy
- Fan measures a total of 4″ x 4″ and needs to be screwed onto the dog house
- Panel can be detached and stored indoors when not being used
Training Your Dog To Use Their New Home
- Always be ready to give incentives to your dog by putting food and toys inside their dog house. Let them know they are good by petting them and giving them some love for using their house. As your dog learns to use it more often, they will be more likely to stay inside to rest.
- At first, it’s a good idea to keep the dog door open so your dog will know this their own terms. This is why snacks will entice your dog to return there often enough. Make it comfortable with a blanket so they can learn it’s a resting area.
- Spend some time being close to your dog house leaving the option for your dog to come to you if they’re scared. Your dog can be frightened if you close the door and then feel trapped. This is why you’ll need to spend some time getting your dog used to their new house.
- If you place comfort items inside the house like a blanket or a soft cushion. Your dog will then know that your bed is less likely a place where they want to sleep if their dog house is comfortable enough. You also need to be patient until your dog learns this.
- Choose a dog house that fits the size of your dog. If they can stand up and turn around easily, this is a good fit. If the house is too big, your dog may feel the urge to use one corner of the house as a toilet. If it’s cozy like a den, they will have just enough room to feel it’s a safe place to sleep.
Buyers Guide: Why Should You Buy A Dog House?
Aside from the fact that a house for dogs provide a great place for your pup to sleep. You will also find they can also be a great use for training, eating, and safety if you have the type of dog that tends to chase the mailman every so often.
What are the benefits of having a dog house?
You can already count on the fact that furniture in your home will not be damaged. Dogs that learn to use a dog house return to their safe place intuitively.
Important Features To Consider
Before making a purchase, there may be a few things that you need to consider first. The aim of this part of this article is to help you identify the key areas you need to focus on in order to make a purchase that leaves you satisfied with whatever you buy. Let’s dive in!
Dog houses and kennels can be built from wood or plastic, but they need to be quality materials. If you’re going to get a dog house it should have materials that last for years and stand-up to the elements. Don’t buy cheap dog houses that will fall apart in the first week. Your dog is worth an investment that keeps them safe too.
The one thing to remember with having a dog house is that is should have basic needs. An entry door needs to be big enough for them to enter easily. It should have at least one window to let in light in the daytime and just enough space that will make your dog feel comfortable.
If there is enough room for an outer deck, they’ll love lounging halfway out if they are too hot.
Heat is an issue that makes a dog house unbearable, so finding a house that allows airflow is important. A pitched roof with vents near the top is an ideal choice. Any house that has adjustable vents to control airflow is better. Raised dog houses that are off the ground will prevent ground heat from seeping in too.
An open doored house with a window and air vents is the best choice. Although, if you want to build or modify your dog home, then check out this resource for some DIY printable plans.
Cleaning And Maintenance
We all know that outdoor dogs get messier than indoor dogs. So regular cleaning is needed to prevent illness or flea and tick problems. A dog also sheds pretty often depending on the breed. You’ll need to have easy access to your dog house so you can get inside to clean it out.
Take care of the inside and outside of the dog house too. Weather will turn a wood house into a rotten box if you don’t take good care of it.
Dog House Size Requirements
Mini breeds and small dogs: 1-10 Lbs. (24″L x 18″W x 21″H – 24″L x 18″W x 19″H)
Including a Boston Terrier, Chihuahua, Pomeranian, Pug, Jack Russell Terrier, and Yorkshire Terrier are all suited for an XS-sized dog house
Small dogs: 11-25 Lbs. (24″L x 18″W x 21″H – 24″L x 18″W x 19″H)
Including a Border Terrier, Boston Terrier, Miniature Dachshund, Yorkshire, Miniature Poodle, and Maltese are all suited for a small dog house
Medium dogs: 26-40 Lbs. (30″L x 21″W x 24″H – 30″L x 19″W x 21″H)
Including a Pit Bull, French Bulldog, Cocker Spaniel, Miniature Pinscher, and Shetland Sheepdog are all suited for a medium dog house
Large dogs: 40-70 Lbs. (36″L x 24″W x 27″H – 36″L x 23″W x 25″H)
Including Belgian Sheepdog, Schnauzer, English Setter, Basset Hound, and Bull Terrier are al suited for a large dog house
Extra Large dogs: 71-90 Lbs. (42″L x 28″W x 31″H – 42″L x 28″W x 30″H)
Including Border Collie, German Shepherd, Dalmatian, Husky, Irish Setter, and Labrador Retriever are all suited for an XL-sized dog house
Extra-Extra-Large dogs: 90 Lbs. and up (46″L x 30″W x 33″H)
Including a Malamute, Giant Schnauzer, Mastiff, Rottweiler, Old English Sheepdog, Bloodhound, Bernese Mountain Dog, and Greyhound are all suited for XXL-sized dog house
Types Of Dog Houses
With the internet every growing and manufacturers wanting to sell the next product over the last, its important to understand the different baseline types of houses for dogs. This section will help you do just that, let’s dig in.
Metal Dog Houses
Metal is long-lasting but it’s a terrible material for retaining heat. In the sun it’ll become like an oven unless it has any kind of insulation to keep heat out. It’s also prone to rusting in rainy weather.
Wooden Dog Houses
Wood can be an excellent choice but the weather is also a big concern. Rain and wood rot is a big threat to your dog house. It must be inspected for rot and mildew if it gets wet. It also needs to have a very good wood sealer or protective paint added.
Plastic Dog Houses
Some plastic dog houses are well built, however, there are many cheap models on the market. In the hot sun, cheap plastic can crack, warp, and break down due to the UV radiation. When plastic is chosen for a dog house, it must be a thick quality and rugged material. If a plastic dog house comes with UV additives to the plastic, then even better.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now its time to answer your questions. There are a few things that you may have felt we didn’t cover in this article… So to ensure we touch base on just about everything there is to know, I decided to answer a few quick questions to make sure that no stone is left unturned.
Do Dogs like Dog Houses? Generally, when taught as puppies, you can help your dog learn that their dog house means safety for them. They will accept their house as their own and love retreating there all the time.
Which is better: A Wood or Plastic Dog House? Wood is always better at insulation, however, plastic is another fine option for dog houses. If they are made from quality plastic, they will last longer than wood usually does. It does depend on the weather and how wood holds up within the elements.
How Big Should the Right Size Be for a Dog House? Your dog will like a house that is more like a den. It needs to be personal for them, so no more room than they require. If there is more than one dog, then they will take up the approximate size of both dogs combined. There should also be enough room to shift around so they can get comfortable.
How Can You Keep a Dog Warm in the Dog House? A good durable blanket or cushion underneath them is a good idea. Dog houses will retain heat because they are enclosed boxes with an open dog door. Air vents help hot air move around so they have fresh air moving within their house. Most dog houses have a standard blanket that they can make into a nesting spot.
What’s the Most Suitable Temperature for a Dog House to Be Outside? An ideal temperature is between 75-79 degrees Fahrenheit inside the dog house that’s outside. At night temperatures can drop, so this is why a blanket or additional methods to warm your dog are necessary.
How Do You Build a Dog House? Some of us prefer to build a dog house for various reasons. But it all boils down to knowing a little bit about general carpentry. If you decide to start a dog house project on your own, here’s a great link that shows the basics. https://www.wikihow.com/Build-a-Dog-House
Finding the best dog house shouldn’t be as hard when using the tips and tools provided in this article. We touched on what to look out for, the best products on the market for all different uses, and the best accessories to keep your pet stimulated whilst in their new home.
One thing that’s for sure is that your pup will spend a lot of time in their house, so making sure that you choose a dog home to match their needs will prove to be a great option for your dog.